Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chatting with a Kid

At the music school... a little girl approached me and said, "You look fierce..." I just smiled at her and asked her "But I'm not really fierce right?" she replied "ya, you are not fierce at all", I smiled and said again "some people just looked fierce but they are not and some people could look nice but they are bad people"... she quickly said "ya, my mommy says pretty people are bad people" ... I was silent for a moment there... "but that's not entirely true..." before I could finished, the little girl ran away...

Why I love children? Because they are so honest and yet they don't discriminate! And I truly admire their courage to “explore” a fierce looking person...

A lot of times I encounter adults who would just stay away from me simply because they think I look fierce. They would not dare to come close as if I am contagious. Being born with a fierce look sometimes give me advantage too, because I don’t need to befriend cowards! :)

Over the years, I’ve already gotten used to the situation.

But whenever a child approaches me and said to me they don’t think I am fierce at all, it would draw tears to my eyes… I felt as if an angel from heaven has just touched my heart.

Jesus said, For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.

No comments: